Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

When I press the input button on my Sony TV it doesn't

Customer Question

When I press the input button on my Sony TV it doesn't recognize the html channels...they are not highlighted. I want to install my Amazon Fire Stick on one of those channels but can't. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

Many of the older Sony sets require the HDMI Inputs to be "Named" or "Labeled" before you can use them. Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV so that I can find you instructions on how to do this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KDL 40ex400
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Go to page 28 of the manual at the link below, and follow the instructions for "Input Label" and Label the HDMI port you are plugged into and then you can select it using the Sony'd Input button:

http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20100222145700/Manuals/158/15832EX400.PDF

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.