Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a sharp 80" and 1/4of the screen has large vertical

Customer Question

I have a sharp 80" and 1/4of the screen has large vertical lines that distort the picture any ideas
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

How old is the set and when did the problem occur?

Also, what sources do you have connected to the set, and do the vertical lines occur with ALL of them (Cable/SAT box, DVD, Game Console, etc.)?

Additionally, if you grab the original Sharp remote and press MENU, does the MENU appear over these lines, or are the lines over the MENU?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Are you still with me here? We can diagnose these lines, but the questions above are paramount in isolating what the root cause is.