Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My lg tv will not go to network setting or network status

Customer Question

my lg tv will not go to network setting or network status only legal notice and esn will display.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the full model number of the tv?
Can you access any other source/device?

Can you access the main setup menu (picture settings, etc)?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
model 42LD550ub
normal uverse tv is ok,cannot access network setting to program new router
yes picture setting is ok
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming, Richard.

Initially, please unplug power to the tv for a few minutes for a quick reset, then try again.

If no change, go into the main menu again and run the Factory Reset (restore defaults) function, then you should be able to access the settings from there.

Let me know if you get stuck,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
cannot find a factory reset option
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Menu/Option/Initial Settings

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok running auto tuning now will let you know result when finished. auto tuning says it can't find any channels
however when I look at input after scan it is set on tv after I select hdmi1 tv works ok however still can't access setting for router id input.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

It won't find anything on auto tune unless you're using an antenna, so no worries there.

Hdmi1 is most likely where you have your cable/satellite box and that is what you want to be on.

What happens when you try to go into the network setup? Is it grayed out or unavailable?
if so, the next step would be to update the tv manually

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Go here: http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-42LD550#

Scroll down to Software Update

there you'll see the links for the update file (download to your computer) and a .pdf of the instructions

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is grayed out will try manually. no help after scan
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know how the update goes next

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
manual scan didn't help
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Okay do the update next

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what update?
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

You need to install the software update. I sent you the link and instructions for that earlier.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
software updates will not work because my smart tv will not access my router which is my original problem when I changed routers I attempted to program new id however network access setting is grayed out.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

That is not what I am referring to.
I sent you a link to do the update manually. You have to click on the link I sent, download the file, copy it to a usb stick from your computer THEN update the tv manually that way.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that may take a while ,don't have usb stick available .will try later
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Okay well that update process is the next step we'd attempt here. Failing that, we'd be looking at a different sort of hardware issue, and I'll explain how to resolve that if needed.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.