Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I do not have a Panasonic remote to my panasonic tv I am

Customer Question

I do not have a Panasonic remote to my panasonic tv I am trying to connect to whatever it is to use the Smart TV I'm connected to the Internet and I'm really pissed off right now because nobody can answer the phone and Its Friday night I just want to use my TV. Can some one pleeeeeeeassse help me. I have a fever and i just want to watch tv!!!!!!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Madison.

How have you been controlling the tv previously? Do you have any remote?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Rca remote. I can turn it on and pull up menu and input
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks.

A universal remote cannot work for this, at least not a basic rca type remote. A programmable remote like a logitech could, but the basic remotes will not work.

You would need the panasonic factory remote, which has a dedicated VieraCast button on it (something the basic remotes can't emulate).

I can help you find a replacement remote to order, but I realize that doesn't help you for tonight.

The next best alternative, if you have a smartphone or tablet handy, is to go into the app store on an iphone for example, then search for the Panasonic VIERA Remote. This lets you control your tv via an app on the phone/tablet through the already configured wifi, and from there you can pull up netflix, etc.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I downloaded 3 viera remote apps. None can locate my tv. Iv checked the network, gateway, and remote device enabling. It still can detect my tv
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

You had not mentioned any of that previously.

What device are you using?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry. I'm using a android lg g3.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Okay, this is typically a router issue, if you are certain that the tv is actually on the network (getting an ip address, passes connection test, etc).

Go into the panasonic menu again (if you can) and look for the software update function, to make sure it is on the latest version

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I know you're trying and I thank you, ***** ***** already had that app, it was one of the three I downloaded. I downloaded that one, the app that came before that, in the Pana remote
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

I just wanted to make sure you had the correct one.

How far is the tv from the router? Try rebooting the router too (unplug power 60 seconds)
Are you sure the g3 is on the wifi? You might try also (temporarily) putting it in airplane mode, to disable the cell connection, then manually turn wifi on, to force it to talk on the network to the tv.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No still isn't working
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Is the tv near enough the router that you can physically plug it in with an ethernet cable? That would get you a more stable connection and eliminate any wifi issues.

Otherwise, not sure where you live, but amazon has same/next day delivery (prime members) on a replacement remote: http://amzn.to/1POIkR5

--

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.