Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have an tachi 57s500 and I noticed that the image

Customer Question

i have an hitachi 57s500 and I noticed that the image projected on the TV is being cut off on all four sides. It doesn't matter whether I'm in 16:9 or 4:3 standard mode. is there an adjustment to slightly shrink the projected image.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it doesn't matter what device is sending the image. cable or dvd. It's like the image received by the TV needs to be slightly shrung. computer monitors have similar adjustments to adjust size and shift image. can this tv be adjusted or is this a factory issue.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Sorry I sure don't see any adjustments to correct this in the set. I will opt out and perhaps someone else has an idea.

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , different tech. here
Do you still need help with this ?