Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I am trying to upgrade my Xfinity cable box attached to an

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Dan...I am trying to upgrade my Xfinity cable box attached to an AOC TV. There is no selection in the list of TVs that the box will support re volume and power. Can it be done?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I try to program then new remote, there is no selection to allow the remote to change the volume on the TV.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

The remotes that Comcast provides often cannot control all brands/models of tv's. Most of the time there is a way to "search" for the correct code. If none of that works then your best bet is to just purchase a universal remote that can be easily programmed or even actually LEARN buttons from the original remote(s).

If you need help with any of the above, please REPLY back and be sure to explain exactly what more you need.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you made any progress, or if you need more assistance, or possibly you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?