Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

LG tv 47LA6200 screen Flashes. I am using the tv as a

Customer Question

LG tv 47LA6200 screen Flashes. I am using the tv as a monitor for my computer. The TV seems to loose connection with the computer blinking off then blinking to the TV start-up Screen then reconnecting with the Computer. Two seconds between flashes. I have a video of the process than can be attached.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you have any issues with using the LG with another (non computer) device, such as a cable box, dvd player, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me verify
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seem to work on cable using an HDMI connection
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming.

That isn't surprising to see, this tv is not really designed for use as a monitor, and doesn't officially support a pc.

That said, the issue is going to come down to a graphics card setting or incompatibility on your computer.

Go into the resolution settings on the pc, and set it at 1920x1080 or 1024x768.

If no change, look in the advanced graphics settings for a scan rate (hz) settings, and try a few different options there: 60, 59, 57, etc until you find one that fits.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try this out
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know if you get stuck and I'll advise further.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,