Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Just saw that your were helping someone with the same tv

Customer Question

Customer: Just saw that your were helping someone with the same tv with the same issue I'm having, it is a sharp lc-60le820un one long one short error code. repaired the led that was bad in the tv and check the rest and all are great but I'm having a hard time resetting the tv to delete error code. the tv has a touch controls on front that don't seem to be responding so not sure how to get to reset the error code any ideas. thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not much more to give you other then I cant stop the error code to get the tv to start up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes you have helped me before so no problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Just so I completely understand, what prompted you to repair an LED and how did you do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I like to repair things and been repairing tv for a while now just cant seem to get this one up and running so thought maybe you guys might have some better in sight on this one or have an idea
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

We can help you but you stated that you replaced an LED. What do you mean by that? What did you do already?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the whole tv apart and found one of the led strips bad replaced the one and test the rest and then put the tv back together
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so now are you still getting the one long one short code when you try to turn on the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still getting error code one long one short there is nothing wrong with the panel
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let me pull the service manual and I'll be right back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trying to reset the code error but the tv has a touch sensor and its not buttons so I cant tell if I'm getting the buttons right tried every option volume down, input,etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not much info on service manual
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so you actually replaced a strip of LEDs on the panel itself? A strip of backlight LEDs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replaced the bad led strip that caused the error on the tv but I cant get the tv to turn on so I can reset the error code
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

That would indicate that the problem still exists.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the power supply that powers the LEDs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's not pulling up like it should and cant tell if its power supply or main or even tcon which the power supply feeds power to the tcon on its own something is turning off power supply and putting it to reset. I really need to know how to reset tv with touch sensor or how to bypass power supply to turn on
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Let me look at the schematics. Hold on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv is not powering up enough to read touch sensor it goes right into error at start up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whenever I have repaired led strips in the past the tv without tcon hooked up with light up after repair even with the panel still out but this one wouldn't so I put it back together and I think that touch sensor is the issue of getting the tv to power up, is there a way to bypass touch sensor or to jump it ? I don't think remote will do it. I thinking it a bad transformer on power supply shutting it down but don't know how to test them, there is 4 on the power supply
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, I see no list of pinouts with voltages for the power module.

Have you illuminated every remaining strip of LEDs? Or are you just measuring continuity?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tested every led strip in the tv with enough voltage to power up each strip on it own with proper voltage per strip
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. The schematics don't give me enough info I'm afraid and I don't have one of these in front of me so I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other Sharp TV experts to chime in. I can't do much without knowing what the power supply pumps out and on which pin.

The new expert will review our conversation and continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks that's what I'm finding out also not enough info on this tv and test points