Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We 't ave a bunch of money but want to know the difference

Customer Question

We don't ave a bunch of money but want to know the difference between the Samsung 4000 and 5000 TV series or anything better. What to think about?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.

The main difference between the Samsung 4000 series and the 5000 series, is that the 4000 series is only capable of 720P resolution- which is not the current format of High Definition, and therefore will not be as clear and lifelike as the standard 1080P resolution (that the 5000 series uses). Most all currently made TV's are 1080P at the very least, with many coming out that are Ultra-HD. The 5000 series picture using HDMI (High Def digital sources) will be noticeably "Cleaner" and "Clearer" than the 4000 series.

Other than that, the Input connections and other features of both series are comparable and there are very little (if any) differences between them.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.