Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a sanyo dp50479 that turns on and off. When I

Customer Question

I have a sanyo dp50479 that turns on and off. When I unplugged the logic board other stays on
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

What exactly happens please with the logic board in the set?explain if the set runs for a bit also explain the power light in the front of the set what does that do?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I do not use the phone facility please just text back thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When the logic board is disconnected it turns on by itself and stays on. No light in the front unless I hit the power button

You cant disconnect the logic board and hope to deduce anything please put the logic board back in the set and let me know exactly what happens with the set when you switch on particularly with the light in the front of the set

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The light stays green while it is on for about 10 seconds and then shuts off and turns back on
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I added a pic of the logic board. I only Un hooked that wire and it stayed on

Yes but it does not conclude anything do you get any brightness on the display?any light at all whilst its disconnected

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the screen stays black

OK with the logic board connected up please check the Vs and Va scan voltages on the power-board are they up and running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not sure how to do that

You will need a voltmeter set to DC on the power-board will be 2 voltage testpoints Vs and Va these need to be checked first to see if the scan voltages supplied by the power-board come up or come up and decay , this check is always the first check in plasma repair

Black lead of meter to chassis red lead to test point

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
K

I can see one its the Vda marked on that blu capacitor on the left cant see the Vs or Vsus take a photo of the left please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Left

I hope you can see the Vda test point?the Vs or Vsus test point is behind one of those blue capacitors I can just see Vs

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't see the test point. Maby u can circle then in a picture or something. The only thing I see so far is vsus. But I don't know what to test
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I see vdat. Am I suppose to lift the motherboard up and test it that way.

No just go to the leg of the blue capacitor.....

The other test point I have circled again the leg of the capacitor

http://snag.gy/FHUfL.jpg <<clcik

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Went back in to try this and now it won't turn on at all. I got 120 v coming into the power board.