Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My 40 inch samsung tv upon starting, struggles to come on

Customer Question

my 40 inch samsung tv upon starting, struggles to come on but then the screen goes black
and in the top left hand corner is displayed the 1080 resolution; after several seconds that goes away leaving me with a full black screen; the power to the tv remains on; i now turn the power off again; ten or 15 seconds i turn it on; same thing; i go thru the procedure many times untill it finally comes on; ???
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?

3. While the tv has a black screen, if you press MENU on the orginal Samsung tv remote, does anything come up on the screen?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have given you the model number i have had the tv 3 years; have never used the samsung remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not want to share my tv or phone info with 3rd party
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

I do not see where you gave the model number. Try again.

You will need to test whether a menu comes up using the Samsung remote as part of our help here.

Your phone information is not needed at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model no; un40h5203afxz3
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Now, you will need to test whether a menu comes up using the Samsung remote as part of our help here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have found the remote but unable to get the back cover off where i guess the batteries are
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
remote has never been used; battery cover which has never been used must be welded on will not with no amount of coaching
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Not much I can do from here. Let me know when you have made progress with that. I will be here. This chat will be online forever.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

you're welcome

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you made any progress, or if you agree that my time has been helpful?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mike i still have this intermitent problem; again the model no is un40h5203af type un40h5205
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

"after several seconds that goes away leaving me with a full black screen; the power to the tv remains on"

When this happens, do not turn off the tv. Press MENU on the Samsung remote, and/or Volume up/down on any remote, and/or use the controls on the tv itself.

Does anything show up on the screen?

If you cannot provide even this information then and/or repeat the problem for a repair shop, then it will be impossible to fix the issue.