Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Toshiba tv model # 32AV502RZ and recently a message

Customer Question

Hello I have a Toshiba tv model # ***** and recently a message keeps coming on saying The cable box will now enter Energy Saving Mode in 4:00 minutes. Press ok to continue watching TV. I contacted Rogers cable and they think it's the TV sign not cable sign . Please tell me how to get rid of this it happens at least twice a day. Thankyou
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

What is connected to this tv ?
Beside the cable box,dvd,games etc. ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why do you keep asking for money i have paid it already
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cable box with dvd and surround sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats it
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but you lost me here .

I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independant tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

If you need more info on that before we get started then use the link or phone number below;

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
1.***-***-****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i get rid of the message
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then I`ll start by saying that yes this would come from the tv and that somehow your tv got into retail mode , it would need to be reset to HOME mode and the only way to do that as far as I can see for this model is to first do a full reset to factory and then start the tv again in first time setup mode where you will select HOME instead of RETAIL

Be right back with the details on that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I was told to do that already by the cable company
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but if you have the directions on what to do I can see if they match cables response
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

They told you that the energy saving mode was the tv that was set in retail mode ???

Did they also tell you how to return the tv to factory ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but this all changed , even the value of the post has changed since we first started , I will repost your question .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why do I have to do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is going on here I ask a question and respond to your questions and i keep getting someone else
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is this a fraud because i'll send in the report to the company
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already copied everything from my printer