Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My tv screen keeps going black--sound still works. I unplug

Customer Question

My tv screen keeps going black--sound still works. I unplug it and the DVR and when I plug them back in a few minutes later it works--but just for a few minutes. Then it goes blank again. Any suggestions
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the complete model number?
When it goes black, is it still lit/glowing, or totally black as if powered off?
Can you see the RCA menu at all during that time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know the model number--my son gave me this tv a few months ago. It goes totally black as if powered off, but the sound is still working. Don't know what you mean by the "RCA menu".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting for your response. Are you there? I shouldn't be charged for this non-response!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DID NOT receive a response. PLEASE REFUND MY ACCOUNT. THIS IS BULLSHIT!!! If I do not receive my refund I will report this to my credit card account!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I'm sorry I missed you.

I need complete information to be able to help you. Additionally, please respond only once, and give me an opportunity to respond - by sending multiple replies moments apart, you get lost in the queue, and I see none of them timely.

I cannot provide an accurate answer without knowing the model number. It is printed on a sticker of the back of the tv.

The menu is the rca setup menu (picture/sound settings, etc), accessed by pressing the MENU button on the tv.