Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our VIZIO tv has sound, will change channels but no picture.

Customer Question

Our VIZIO tv has sound, will change channels but no picture. It was working fine yesterday but today we cannot get a picture. It was purchased in 2/2014 and is registered with your company. If you need the serial number I will be happy to give it to you, but do you happen to have any idea what is wrong. We unplugged it and left it off several minutes to no avail.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Where did you purchase the tv?

2. Did you buy an extended warranty/service contract?

3. Is the audio coming from the tv speakers or external speakers/surround sound?

4. Is the screen all black? or can you bring up the tv menus using the original Vizio remote or the buttons on the tv itself?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **