Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Vizio Tv having issue with the audio, when I seen NBA

Customer Question

My Vizio Tv having issue with the audio, when I seen NBA game i heard the people, bouncing ball on the court..but not heard the voices from the people that are comments the game.
Category: TV
Expert:  WHIZKID82 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I am going to try to help you.

This is an interesting problem and there are a few possible things that we can check on your end to see if there is anything that can be done to fix it. There is also a possibility that it could have been the way the broadcast of the game was.

Before I really get into it are all of your other channels and programs sounding the way they should?

OK, First thing I want to ask is how everything is set up and what are the devices you are using? Are you using only the TV for sound? Is there a cable box being used too?

My best guess from what you described is that if you are using a cable box there is an audio menu option that is set to a surround sound mode and if you are using only the TV speakers then you might not be getting the announcers voices because normally that is broadcast to the center channel.

Please get back to me with the answers I asked you about your set up and I will be able to continue to help you even farther.