Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

We are trying to connect our Pioneer PDP S37 to cable. The

Customer Question

Customer: we are trying to connect our Pioneer PDP S37 to cable. The cable man is here but we can't figure out how to make the connection. Remote has Input 1 2 3 and 4... we always used to use input 1.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can't figure out how to make HDMI work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, do you use paypal?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What you need to do is go into the pioneer setup menu, and then you should see an option for Input Labels.

That is where you can "assign" a particular port to an input, for example you can associate the hdmi port with the CABLE input mode, or input 4, etc.

Then when you choose input 4, in this case, it should point to the hdmi port.

Make sure you set the Hdmi Audio mode as well, so it knows to use hdmi for both audio and video for the selected input.