Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My name is ***** *****. I have a TV Samsung UN55JU6700.

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****. I have a TV Samsung UN55JU6700.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When i plug in the power cord the power on light does not turn on. I have check the power board (L55S6 FHS BN44-00807A) the fuse and varistor looks OK, but I dont know hoe to check if out dc output are ok. How can i check it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Look at the power-board there will be a lead or a group of leads going to the main-board (the one with all the AV connectors attached) if its not stamped on the board (the voltages) just set the meter to DC put black lead to metal chassis and go to each pin of each plug looking for 5volts dc

Let me know what you find (or if you do not read it)

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Anthony
Please find attached the photos of TV board and PS board connector 12 (light blue oval) is going to main board.
Do you have the pin-out of this connector?
I think there are more than one DC out, how should I check them?
Fyi when the power cord is connected and I unplug connector 12 (PS to Main Board) the TV screen turn on (white light)Regards
Pablo

You do not need any pin out.......you just need to see if there is 5vdc on ANY of those pins that will tell me a lot about what is wrong so just go to each pin on dc and measure to see if you read this voltage or not please

Yes the screen will turn white because the backlights are being switched on this tells me nothing

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
FYI the board has many output they are 13Vdc and 277Vdc for backlight.
They are all OK

Yes but I am only looking for the 5vdc ,is there 5vdc you can find on any of those pins you do not need to know where it is, you just need to know if its there or not because the set only produces one 5vdc

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Anthony
There is not pin with 5Vdc, see attachment
I found 3V and 13V

What are you getting on pin 4 or pin 8?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Pin 4 = 3.7 VDC
Pin 8 = 4 VDC

OK I would consider the 3.7 to be the voltage that has been eluding do you hear any clicks from the power-board when you switch on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No thanks,
I just providing information.
Sorry, I would like the refund of my money

Your just providing info ?where?

I can see you have lost confidence but you see I need to know all this information as the set may be tripping or it may not even have a turn on from the main-board you seem to think you know what you are doing very good luck with that then

fuses and varistors play no part in troubleshooting these sets I am afraid good luck with it

You need to go to the homepage for a refund