Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Our LG 65UB9300 turned off during a program and will not

Customer Question

Our LG 65UB9300 turned off during a program and will not power on. If I hold the remote power on button for a few seconds the LG light in bottom center comes on for a few seconds and then goes off. It is about 2 years old. Serial # *****
Regards,
Tom
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello Tom, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does screen glow/ show any graphics or logo when turn On the TV?

- Is the TV still under warranty?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The screen is dark and does not glow. Not sure yet if under warranty.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems main board internal failure where main controller chip switch Off TV power when detects an error in boot up process and main board will need to be replaced. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

If TV is out of warranty then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.