Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have Five or six year old Samsung model #PN50C550G1FXZA

Customer Question

We have Five or six year old Samsung model #PN50C550G1FXZA TV that made a single loud and the screen then went blank with only the "off" red light remaining on and I could not turn the power back on.... I was told it was possibly the fuse, which I located (ceramic fuse) and had tested at Home Depot for which they said it was good, so i need to know what direction to take now to fix our TV. Also for some time we have had a single vertical line down the center of the screen and I am also wondering how this can also be fixed.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a five or six year old Samsung model #PN50C550G1FXZA TV that made a single loud pop and the screen then went blank with only the "off" red light remaining on and I could not turn the power back on.... I was told it was possibly the fuse, which I located (ceramic fuse) and had tested at Home Depot for which they said it was good, so I need to know what direction to take now to fix our TV. Also for some time we have had a single vertical line down the center of the screen and I am also wondering how this can also be fixed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Do you have multimeter and can check volts on circuit boards inside TV if wish to troubleshoot the problem yourself OR want diagnosis and approx cost on repair info?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a multimeter.... what does one cost and would you be able to direct me on how to use it and at what points via e-mail? If not can you diagnose based on the information alone that I have provided?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, multimeter would cost around $20 to $100 (depends model and brand) but not possible to explain over internet how to use it because basic electronics knowledge is must to troubleshoot the electronics circuit board.

However, I can provide diagnosis to point out possible failure in TV. Single loud pop is main symptom of failure and it happens due to failure of y-main board located on left side at rear of display panel. Some times power supply board also goes bad due to short circuit in y-main board and replacement of y-main and power supply board will help to resolve the issue. Please click following links to view y-main and power supply board image, part number info..

You may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote that could be $250 to $350...

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Question got closed without rating.