Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a 60" Kuro from 2009. I called as it was doing some

Customer Question

I have a 60" Kuro from 2009. I called for service as it was doing some weird things: my husband plays video games on it. When he switches back to TV, sometimes it just won't turn on. Factory-authorized repairman indicated over the phone that they have to take it back to the shop to test. Is this customary? If so, what about insurance in case of a mishap?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Joan,

If the problem is intermittent then the TV will need to be tested at a factory using their full range of diagnostic equipment, as it is not possible to easily determine the cause of the fault on-site.

Pioneer are fully insured to cover any mishaps caused whilst the TV is in their care.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks, Pete. I think I did not make myself clear. This repairman is not a Pioneer employee. I live in the middle of nowhere. I got this guy's number from Pioneer. The problem with the TV is that it has trouble changing from port to port. I am leery letting someone I do not know take this TV to their shop. Why can't he fix it here?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Joan,

The TV needs to be taken to a factory or repair center because the large diagnostic equipment used cannot be transported to your home.

You could ask the repairman what insurance cover he has, and he will be happy to assure you.

Pete.