Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Vizio L42HDTV10A when i power it on I get a solid

Customer Question

I have a Vizio L42HDTV10A when i power it on I get a solid blue screen and at the top it states no signal, this lasts about 5 seconds and it shuts its self off. can you help ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the signal

Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with this post thanks again.

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Anthony,
I unplugged both the TV and the Cable box left them unplugged for 8-10 minutes still have same problem.

OK do you have another input to try like a DVD (the set will shut down auto if there is no signal)I do belive this may be the box or the lead from the box to the TV trying another input will confirm that

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I took a box and cables from another tv that was working still no change?

OK in that case and unusually (for this issue) the main-board is bad within the set do you think you can replace this board yourself?I will be happy to help with that

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Anthony,
Sorry I had to leave the house for a while, but my wife found some site (free) which gave several suggestions, one was; with the tv off hold the input button in and the tv should turn on with the input screen showing (it did) I was then able to change the input source and all was well.
thanks for your time, and I would certainly hope that sense you were unable to help with this problem that you will not charge my card.
Thanks again for your time and effort.