Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have connected my Apple TV to my Sony Bravia TV and

Customer Question

I have connected my Apple TV to my Sony Bravia TV and although I get the menu the downloads l choose are riduculously slow. Can you suggest why?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you using the appletv via wifi or ethernet?
If you go to speedtest.net on your computer, what kind of test results do you get?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wifi. Currently 5.65 Mbps.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. The internet speed is the reason, that is a very slow connection relative to streaming/downloading video. A full length movie, especially in HD, could be 5+ gb. Netflix recommends at least a 20mb connection speed for getting HD streaming video. You can use a lower connection, but it will be slow, and prone to buffering/pixelation.

You may get some improvement by connecting the appletv to the router directly via ethernet, but the overall speed from your ISP will still be the bottleneck. You may want to contact them about upgrading your connection.

--

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.