Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

How do I get the demo screen on the bottom of tv off. It

Customer Question

How do I get the demo screen on the bottom of tv off. It reads Super Slim, Dynamic Backlight Contrast............
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows - Model Name - September, Serial # ***** C SH 2012, RL 21001608

No you have missed it, have another look thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the only #'s on back of tv or it is under the stand holder??

Its usually near the serial number you must have missed it, no stand has nothing to do

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have looked and can't find anything else looked with a flash light even. I must be blind or something, sorry I guess you can't help without it?

No cant do anything without it sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well I guess I am shit out of luck

Its not possible to help without that as it could be any of 100,000 models all different

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is only info I gave you that is on a label on back of tv. A friend of mine up north has the model # ***** I have called him to look on his computer any info I had sent to him last month as he got me a stand for it and brought it down at Xmas. He did know how to get info that keeps popping up off. He is going to call be back if he has not deleted the email so I will keep you on line and hopefully be able to give it too you. It is a pain trying to watch the tv with these icons that keep popping up on bottom of screen. Can you hold on until I get call back?

Yes and yes I can definitely help with this but I do need the model thanks come back here anytime

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks anyway for your help. He just called back and does not have the emailed saved. I don't know what else I can do maybe get rid of this tv that was given to me as I couldn't afford a new one. Shit happens. Thank you anyway
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to barge in but do not scrap your tv yet .

This is a Hitachi unless i`m grossly mistaken and in that case what you have now is the Epop demo on .

Press the INPUT button on the remote until the tv is in TV mode (with channel number on the screen ) then open the menu and go to SETUP >> AUTO SETUP and somewhere in there you will see epop demo , turn it off and also you may see LOCATION , set it to home if it is in STORE mode

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway but my friend came over last night and fixed it all up for me as he knew what to do.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

No problem , just thought I could help

Happy new year

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same to you all the best in 2016
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well to rate you is really hard to do as I didn't have the info you requested from me and someone else did the job for me. That was not your fault but mine. But the 2 of you tried and that is all I can say.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sent you the correct info yesterday at 4:10 PM so if you had looked you would`ve gotten it before your friend last night .

By the way , I wasn`t even supposed to barge in with the answer until the other tech. would`ve opted out (which he did not) ,I just did it in spite of the site rules to help you with what seemed simple .

In any case it doesn`t matter , simply do not reply please as it blocks me from working with other paying customers by showing up as a priority on my list which it is obviously not now !

Thanks