Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I just bought a Samsung LED TV - Series [6] = 630D 75" TV. I

Customer Question

Hello... I just bought a Samsung LED TV - Series [6] = 630D 75" TV. I would like to know if there is anyway to disable the built in WEB browser from working? Thanks!
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please give me the TV's full model number and I must say that you may have to disable the internet connection to this tv "period " , no more apps or internet browsing .

Is that what you want or only the web browser ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

By the way , was just thinking that with the parental control option it may be possible to disable or control certain options only but again that will require the TV's model number to be specific

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Jack. I use Netflix so disconnecting the Wifi is not an option. it is a Samsung 75J630D
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Sorry had to step out shortly after replying .

Let me check this but usually there would be letters like PN or UN and perhaps LN before those numbers .

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

UN75J6300 would be it for future reference

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks... sorry ... I got the # ***** the receipt... the model code from the back of the TV is: UN75J630DAFXZA
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Just looked through your TV's options and it looks like this tv will lock or block only tv channels it receives itself and with the channel /stations rating system so that is of no use here .

Some TV's can block inputs , channels, even the buttons on the tv itself but not this one.

Only thing I could see would be to disable /remove your wireless network connection every times you`re finished using it , this does not take long to set again when you come back for more Netflix .

you just go in the MENU >> Network Settings >> wireless and re-enter your network password *****

Of course this will work only if you`re the only one that knows that password (could be changed if not) and if you are not using a wired connection