Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My +/-eight year old Pioneer elite 42 inch TV now comes on

Customer Question

My +/-eight year old Pioneer elite 42 inch TV now comes on in HDMI 720. I have a washed out picture, no sound, and no ability to change channels. Can I correct the problem to get back to a Full, picture with operating controls using my pioneer remote control or do I need my TV repaired? If I can correct the problem using my remote, what should I be inputting?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i must say that by the time pioneer stopped making tv , most of them were 720p/1080i , not too many 1080p pioneer tv in 2007 anyway.

In any case its not the tv who sets the resolution

Right now you seem to have a different problem though .

What is the full model number of this tv and what is connected to it ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. The model number is ***** – 1120HD or PRO – 920HD. This is what is listed in my pioneer manual. The TV is connected to a new Comcast Xfinity box. Anything else you need to help me?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I inadvertently put in the wrong phone number in to my question. My correct cell phone is 650–326–3293.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How long do I have to wait for an answer back?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is not working for me. Please cancel my order thank you
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Sorry but when you replied 20 minutes later I was out .

Back now if you still wish to proceed ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You can call me at 1***-***-****.
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If you open the TV's own menu , does it look normal ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If so then the first thing here is a reboot of that cable box ;

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I I am very frustrated with this service. Please cancel my order and refund my PayPal account. Thank you Michael Moyer
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independant tech. so I don`t do refunds , you will have to go back to where you first logged in