Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My panasonic tv is after turning on goes to black screen

Customer Question

my panasonic tv is after turning on goes to black screen sometimes will turn on should i consider replacing the set
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Can you get me the model number off of the back of the set?

Also does the sound continue even after the screen goes black?

Is the power light blinking at any point during this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what the model of the seanswer tot matters the problem would appear on any model i ave tried you before and dont seem to get an answer to my problem
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but given the context here, I will opt out and open the question to other experts to help you. Good luck.

Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Panasonic TV.

Still, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue.

• • if comfortably able and feel safe to do so, then consider a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach (with guidance). It would require access to and familiarity with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron;
  • • should you be uncomfortable with a DIY, perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center or an independent repair shop / qualified professional. Please click HERE;
  • • evaluate other options considering cost of repair, down time, cost of shipping, age, parts availability and comparable prices of newer/better models.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.