Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a samsung tv model HLT5075SX/XAA THAT WHEN WE ARE

Customer Question

i have a samsung tv model HLT5075SX/XAA THAT WHEN WE ARE WATCHING TV AFTER 20 MIN THE AUDIO BECOMES MUFFLE THE SOUND COMES OUT LIKE A ROBOT TALKING AND YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THE WORDS
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Is there an external sound system connected, or is it the TV's speakers that are doing this?

Also, what other sources do you have besides the DVD player connected- and does the TV do this with all sources?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is the TV's speakers that are making the sound. And there is a DVD player connected as well as a Wii console and the sound is made using all of these devices.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. If the audio becomes garbled with multiple sources, then this indicates a fault occurring in the Mainboard of the TV which requires replacement of that part to fix the issue. It's likely heat related which is why it works for 20 minutes and then goes out to distorted. Are you looking to repair the TV yourself?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like to repair it myself it isn't too difficult, but I would need to know exactly what part is needed and the steps in doing so.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

This part is at the link below for purchase and it's a plug and play component (meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-BP41-00307A-BP96-01831A-BP97-01226A-Main-Board-TESTED-/252234424848

There are videos on YouTube that show the procedure. You need to remove all of the screws on the back of the TV and remove the entire rear of the set. Then the mainboard is exposed- it's the board with the audio and video input jacks on it.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.