Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

I connect the ethernet wire to the broadband and my TV but

Customer Question

i connect the ethernet wire to the broadband and my TV but its says "wireless LANk adaptor not detected please connect wireless LAN adaptor and select retry or select cancel to exit." so what's that mean?
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. What that means is, it is not detecting a network signal. It is trying to connect wirelessly over WiFi rather than a hard wire LAN connection. If your TV does not have wireless capability built in, then it is looking for a wireless adapter. Did you receive one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DON'T know if it built to WiFi
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If it is asking for a wireless adapter, then it is most likely not built in. You should be able to change it from wireless to Ethernet which would use your hard line connection. Can you check your menu settings to see if that is an option?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I try but no ethernet only wired and wireless
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, but I am unable to contact you by phone at this time.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Wired is the same as Ethernet. Try that please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I'm trying to pay u to contact me
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

My apologies but I am not setup for phone service at this time. Have you changed your network setting to wired yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already change to wired but doesn't work
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What do you have the other end of the ethernet cable plugged into?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I change to auto and wired and now it ask to update software and I say yes and now it update
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Then it sounds like it has set your IP data for you to allow you to connect to the internet.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

How's it going?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's work but I can't find the youtube and pls how can I go to Internet through viera
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If you have an older TV those services may not be available. I have a Panasonic and in order to access those streaming services, I had to add a Roku to watch them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's Roku means? And how can I get one?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Roku is a streaming device to allow you to watch a multitude of channels over the internet. Check this LINK and you can check out the different models.