Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I had the same problem and my tv is still blinking through

Customer Question

I had the same problem and my tv is still blinking through all the different colors. I tried unplugging the tv and plugging it back in but still blinking different colors on screen.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

What is the model number off of the back of the TV please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Avc50
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Please get the model number on the sticker on the back of the TV itself- the one you posted is not valid.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I read on another post that someone else was having the same problem so I held down the sub power button and the blinking yellow light on the tv turn solid green but the tv is flashing different colors on screen now
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's mounted on the wall is there anyway to continue without that number
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** expert has opted out and I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

- Can you get me the brand name written on TV front?

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's hitachi ultra vision digital, it's hung on the wall so I can't get the model number but can you see my previous discussion with the tech I had before you?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/2h6xw-hitachi-42-plasma-tv-power-control-box.html
This post is the same tv and same problem I'm having
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the brand name info, I can see discussion with previous expert. My answer is based on symptoms of TV as it is said - "tv is still blinking through all the different colors."

This kind of problem occurs due to corrupted firmware (Tv internal software) where it sets itself on service mode and start displaying different colors screen. You need to replace main board of TV to resolve the issue so please go to following board supplier, put your TV model number to get main board price info to make decision about this TV repair or invest that amount on new replacement TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But the other guy fixed it by restarting his tv? There's no way to fix it without buying a new board?
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

You have already tried nnplug - replug that didn't work so need to try other options now.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But I didn't have all the plugs unplugged, in the other post it said the POER plug was supposed to be the only one plugged in. Does that matter?
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Power cord/ plug is only needed to be unplugged from wall outlet/ power stripe to cut the AC power going to TV for few minutes say 10 minutes or so is enough to reset it. There is no need to unplug/ disconnect connection cables of video sources/ devices hooked to TV. Please unplug TV Power Cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes, replug back in, turn it On and check. If problem persist then need to go for main board replacement.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.