Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My tachi TV model 1080ALIS Panel keeps switching itself off

Customer Question

My Hitachi TV model 1080ALIS Panel keeps switching itself off - have never had a problem before this. It turns on and then you hear a click as it turns itself into standby mode
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Model Number off of the back of the TV please??

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
42pd960dta
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Where did you purchase the power board from?

Also, when you press power, does your screen ever actually light up?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Power board from a hardware store - we just plugged it into a brand new one. The cable box and DVD player both are plugged into this too. The screen doesn't light up - it clicks on, then about 15 seconds later clicks back off again
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

DVD and cable box are not relative here to the TV's screen lighting up. You're saying you never get the Hitachi logo on the screen right?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Correct - no display at all. Usually the first thing to come up is the cable TV display
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

This is caused by a faulty Mainboard, Sustain Boards or Drivers. What is your level of electronics troubleshooting and TV repair please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Basically none, I'm sorry.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142