Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Why does my remote only turn on the tv? To change channels I

Customer Question

Why does my remote only turn on the tv? To change channels I have to use my Comcast remote! Also I can not remove the capctions.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hi, This is perfectly NORMAL and the way TV's are designed to function. If you have a Comcast remote, this means the signal comes from Comcast and you need to change the channels through the Comcast box. The only way to workaround this is to purchase a universal remote such as the Logitech Harmony.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.