Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Toshiba 56HM66 DLP TV. Lately, I have noticed some

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba 56HM66 DLP TV. Lately, I have noticed some coor bleeding, mainly red. For example, on th foreheads and skin of people on the screen. Loks like "water spots."
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

This is going to be a failing Color Wheel. Quite common on all DLP tv's. If you want to buy the part and DIY it's about $130, but it's a failure complex procedure to install, no written instructions, maybe some videos on youtube. If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted, which I can help with also.

CLICK HERE FOR COLOR WHEEL

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How does a "failing" color wheel cause color bleeding?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

The color wheel spins at a very high speed to synchronizes with the picture so the correct colors appear on the screen. When the wheel wears out (it is a moving part), then the colors don't show up correctly.