Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have Direct TV satellite service. When I turn on my

Customer Question

I have Direct TV satellite service. When I turn on my Samsung tv, I have audio for about 60 seconds, then no sound.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

I see you are watching through a box

If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the sound

Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with this post thanks again.

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, this did not work. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

Hello

Actually its not suggestions but a closing in on the issue, what you need to do now to rule out the box is try another input like a DVD player or bluray or game and see if the same thing happens using that then let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, the DVD player works with sound.

In that case it HAS to be the box, please ask them to swap it (your provider) I am assuming you have replaced the lead from the box to TV

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony