Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

, i have a 52 in flat screen RCA tv that I bought 6

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Tim, I'm Rob
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a 52 in flat screen RCA tv that I bought 6 months ago. I lost the remote and after it goes into a sleep/standby mode, I have a real hard time getting it to turn on completely unplugging it helps some of the time but it's not predictable i've been planning to go pick up a new remote, but it seems like I should be able to turn it on without one in the meantime any ideas?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There should be an onboard button, either on the right hand side of the tv or the back/bottom edge, that will let you power on/off manually, and you may have an input button there as well to disable the sleep mode.

If you can tell me the full model number of the tv, I can help you find a suitable replacement remote, though there is a possibility there is some other underlying hardware fault here.