Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

HDMI PORTS #3 AND 4 'T HAVE PICTURE BUT NO AUDIO
, WHEN

Customer Question

Customer: HDMI PORTS #3 AND 4 DON'T HAVE PICTURE BUT NO AUDIO
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: WHEN I CONNECT MY CABLE BOX AT&T TO HDMI PORT 2,...IT WORKED BUT DOES NOT WORK WHEN I CONNECT TO HDMI PORT 3 OR 4...ONLY GET PICTURE NO AUDIO
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a Panasonic Viera TC-L55DT50 TV. The HDMI ports #3 and 4 have pictures but no audio. When I pick the same cable box and same HDMI cable into HDMI #2 it works but when I put it in #3 or #4, I can only get pictures but no sounds.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, so unplug - replug have already been tried out and didn't work.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Were the HDMI 3 & 4 inputs working fine before?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
TV is about a year old. This is the first time I tried to use 3 and 4.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, TV manual doesn't show details about menu so please find Reset option in setup menu of TV to restore TV to default settings and check again HDMI inputs.

If problem still persist then I'm afraid it would be hardware related (HDMI processor chip) failure and entire main board (known as A Board) of TV where all HDMI inputs are located will be replaced to resolve the issue. Please click following link to view main board image and its part number is *****

http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f8f28dc4a19c21aeb55ee5774693fb5d/s/h/shopjimmy-txn-a1rmuus-top.jpg

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.