Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a black cloud on my tv all of a sudden, 52 inch sony

Customer Question

I have a black cloud on my tv all of a sudden, 52 inch sony LCD. Size of a soccer ball, hard to see until the color is black or blue then it's really obvious. How do I fix? Got tv in June so barely 6months old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

Unfortunately a black cloud of this size on the TV, indicates a failure occurring with the LCD panel (the screen), or the set. We see this problem from time to time with newer flat screens, and it's caused by manufacturing defects at the factories in China where the screens are made. Unfortunately there is not a quick fix for this problem and it's actually a terminal failure in this set. Since you are only 6 months into owning the TV- then this is actually good news that it's happened this early. This would be covered under Sony's one year warranty and you will need to contact Sony as soon as possible to start a warranty ticket to have the set replaced or repaired (at Sony's discretion):

1-800-222-SONY

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and best of luck with the set, and with Sony. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to pay the full $28 or whatever it is since it wasn't something that could be fixed easy. I knew if it wasn't something a tech couldn't fix I would have to go through Sony. Can someone refund the rest? Don't mind paying the $5
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send me a link so I can send someone the question on why I'm paying $28 just for tech to say I need to contact sony.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The reason you need to contact Sony is because the TV is not repairable. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142