Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I tried 0000, it didn't work. This tv's beens stored years.

Customer Question

I tried 0000, it didn't work. This tv's beens stored for two years. I don't think unplugging it will work. Help!
Category: TV
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried holding the power button while turning the tv off. The numbers1, 2, and7 don't want to work. We now have satlelight and no tv. Great New Year's parade.... Great holiday.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV as procedures and code would be strictly dependent on the correct model number.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Still need help. Model No. DU1301A. I am completely frustrated by this process having just had hand surgery. No tv since 12-27. Sucks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Pictures
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Pictures to help
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Is the remote in use the original? And are you able to select A/V (Video) input mode?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is the original remote. Yes, the tv/av button works.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Since "...the tv/av button works...", then a possible workaround would be to connect the satellite receiver as an A/V source.

What is the model number of the satellite receiver please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have a DISH dvr. The pictureo f the channel comes up for two seconds then the tv locks. DISH VIP 722K DVR.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

This appears to be another issue.

Please describe how the DISH VIP 722K DVR is connected to the DU1301A using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I only have one issue. I need the codeto unlock my vchip. The television is connected with yellow and red cable by the DISH technician. Pictures enclosed. Do you know the code? Am I wasting my time and money?
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

It would seem that the issue is not the VChip or code. The TV is kicking in auto-protect mode based on the picture and descriptions provided. Have you tried placing the TV not on top of the satellite receiver?

If the above is not corrective, then the question would be re-opened as I would be opting out.

Please expect an email if another has posted an alternate approach to your concern.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I NEED HELP! I HAVE WAITED TWENTY-FOUR HOURS FOR NO HELP! The tv i s nown it sitting on top of the satellite box and the vchip is still locked!!!!! I JUST NEED THE MASTER CODE to UNLOCK MY TELEVISION!!!!!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I fixed it myself! I wanta refund!!!!!!!!!!