Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I purchased a new power supply board sharp aqueous

Customer Question

I purchased a new power supply board for my sharp aqueous LC-70C7500U. I installed the new board but I still get the flashes on the boomerang, 2 slow and 5 rapid flashes.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Was the light on TV flashing in same sequence before power board replacement?

- Did you troubleshoot the TV problem with some one who advised to replace power board?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is the same sequence of flashes. No I didn't get advise. I did the typical check internet and the answer for the most part was the power supply needed to be changed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, flashing error code actually indicating panel power loss that means t-con board isn't getting 12V supply from power board or t-con board itself is defective and causing the problem.

Please check 12V supply at t-con board, these volts may appear for a second when turn On the TV. T-con board would be located on top or lower center of rear of display panel under shield. Click following link to view sample image of t-con board..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-duntkf961fm20-t-con-board.htm

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Shahid,I ordered a new tcon board installed. My tv still has the same error code on it with 2 slow flashes and 5 quick flashes. Any other ideas?Thanks,
Ed
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Ed, have you checked 12V at t-con board as requested in previous reply?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I get the 12v then it goes away
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I should stay it stays for a little bit then drops out. I have put a new power supply board in.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

This is odd, please make sure the LVDS cable is plugged securely in t-con board and main board of TV as this cable sends the feedback signal to main board as well. If all looks good then last thing is main board which is generating false error code due to its internal issue and there is no way to check it except to swap it in similar model working TV to verify.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Main board is the board with all the hdmi, a/v connections? I want to make sure. I tried to order one today but could not get the correct part number. Is that something you can give me?
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Yes, main board has all HDMI, video inputs. Please check following supplier link to view main board image and price info..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-dkeymf953fm06-main-board.htm

Thanks.