Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I am trying to setup Netflix through DirecTV, but it keeps

Customer Question

I am trying to setup Netflix through DirecTV, but it keeps telling me that I need to use an Ethernet cable. My computers work off wireless connection, but the TV can't seem to receive the signal with is Strong. Help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Directv devices work differently, and most of them do not have a built in wifi capability. It can be added, by plugging in a usb wifi adapter from directv, or by plugging one of the boxes (doesn't matter which) into an ethernet connection (wired connection to your router).

Ethernet is faster and more reliable than wifi, so it is always the preferred option.

You may have some other streaming options as well, if you can please recheck the model number of your tv for me.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Also if you want to get the dtv working, rather than buying the directv wireless adapter, which is expensive and performs poorly, but you can't run ethernet cables (which is always the best option) directly, your best option other than wifi would be a powerline adapter (next best): http://amzn.to/1R2m0qp
or ethernet bridge (3rd choice): http://amzn.to/1JOTDUT

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.