Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic TV model TC p55VT30 that won't power on.

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Panasonic TV model TC p55VT30 that won't power on. No blinking red lights and no real problems with the TV before this. Some very infrequent pixelating at the top of the screen for short periods of time.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've tried powering everything on and off and it's not a cable problem - the TV downstairs is working just fine. We were watching the TV this morning (The Rose Bowl Parade if you must ask! :)) and the TV just went dark - sound still coming through at that point in time. No error messages, no blinking lights.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure....
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 11 months ago.

No error code with the TV turning off by itself?

If so, turn the TV on, get the Panasonic remote control, activate the volume bar or the TV menu. Does anything appear on the TV screen?

Lastly turn the tv off. darken the room and stare at the TV screen when you turn it back on. Do you see the screen at least light up to a gray light level, even for a second or two?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing. It almost seems like it's the on/off switch,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello???

You might want to remove the TV's power cord for 20 minutes, plug it back in and at least see if the power button will make the power light blink during start up. It should, and if it doesn't...contact me tomorrow morning.

Are you still there?