Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have had my vizio tv since 2009. It's a 36 inch (I think).

Customer Question

I recently was using the TV remote to pull up some shows with my roku. I must have hit a key by mistake. I now have a rectangular solid blue box on the lower right hand corner. I can't figure out how to get rid of it!!
Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please give me the tv`s model number ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model #: L37HDTV10AIn case you need serial #: AHLGBBBG145933
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Thanks ,

Look at the bottom of the tv`s remote and play with the PIP buttons like MODE first , press it a few times , then perhaps SWAP and INPUT , there are 4 buttons that deal with that at the bottom

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you and happy new year

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It made the blue box go from large, to medium to small. But it's still there. I need to leave for a few hours so won't be able to try something different if you have other suggestions.
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

unplug the tv`s power cord for a minute and it should disappear , also , try the MODE button , not SIZE

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Those are the buttons you pressed by mistake ,I mean that you can tell that it is where that box gets affected so that will be those that will make it disappear or just reboot the tv as I suggested above .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Problem still not fixed. Can I get a call back?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have rebooted the TV but the blue box is still there! I have checked my TV remote several times -- there is no MODE button on my remote!