Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The name is ***** ***** and my Toshiba TV has intermittently

Customer Question

Customer: The name is ***** ***** and my Toshiba TV has intermittently being going black. No picture but audio only.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a PS4 attached to a Toshiba CT-8035, it has without warning been going black for short periods of time (about 3-4 seconds) while either playing games or watching DVDs/Blue Rays.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long? I'm not in the US, I'm in Edinburgh and its well past my bedtime.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What is the model number off of the back of the Toshiba?

How long have you owned it for?

Also does the TV go intermittently black with any other sources- like a Cable Box/SAT box, etc.?

Lastly, when the screen goes black if you grab the original Toshiba remote and press MENU, does the MENU display even when the screen is black?

Please rely back and we can proceed.