Neil Rowe
Neil Rowe, Technician
Experience:  NZCE Electronics and Computing 25 Years Electronic Experience
15873252

I have a Panasonic tcp50vt20 and I get 10 blinks. Replaced

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, I have a Panasonic tcp50vt20 and I get 10 blinks. Replaced power and main boards still 10 blinks?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: tv clicks twice a few seconds later it clicks and 10 blinks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Neil Rowe replied 11 months ago.

Hi

How old is this set?

10 blinks is more commonly the SS, SC or A board...

Power down, disconnect the SS and SC boards from the power supply and repower... If still 10 blinks the problem is the A board...

As you have already replaced this by the sounds (the A board is often described as the main board) then the problem is more likely the SS and SC boards, to identify which you will need a meter...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
unplugged ss and sc power now I get 7 blinks

Then one or both of these boards are the problem not the A board... You need to monitor the supply rails as you power up the TV with first the SS board connected then the SC, one of these will cause the rail to drop (and sometimes both of them)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
with the sc on and ss off 10 blinks with the ss on and sc off 7 blinks I'm thinking sc

As I say, I have seen one or the other or even both... Only way to be sure is to measure the rails..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have the schematic It will take time to trace this out.

If you are a component level technician the boards can be repaired... Don't forget to rate my help, it is how the site rewards me for my time and costs you nothing to do... I will hold the question open so you can come back anytime to discuss this..