Neil Rowe
Neil Rowe, Technician
Experience:  NZCE Electronics and Computing 25 Years Electronic Experience
15873252

We bought a new LG TV yesterday an 43UF68 model. I set it up

Customer Question

Hi, we bought a new LG TV yesterday an 43UF68 model. I set it up according to the instructions and the unit was working fine for a couple of hours in the afternoon and it was turned off. the unit was turned on again in the evening and worked fie for some time and then it developed a rolling picture. this eventually went to being just a snow screen. We checked antenna ( recently had a new antenna for digital installed ) checked the cabling, reset the tv and nothing works except for the main menu etc. when we select live tv it just comes back with a snowy flickering screen. I don't believe it is the antenna as another set works perfectly with good reception. I disconnected the antenna via the DVD recorder but that made no difference. Any suggestions ?? I think that it is a faulty unit.! Regards Phil
Category: TV
Expert:  Neil Rowe replied 11 months ago.

Hi Phil

It does sound like it might be faulty.... But first just make sure it is on the right input... Can you coonect a DVD player, then go to that input and get a picture?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it works with a USB input as well.

Then the TV itself is working but there may be a problem with the freeview tuner... Go through the tuning setup again and get the channels loaded, make sure you follow through and Save the settings otherwise when you turn off the TV they get wiped and you have to reload... If this happens even after you save then the TV is not saving the settings and has a fault and should be replaced under warranty...