Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-52D82U LCD TV. My screen is

Customer Question

Carl, I have a Sharp Aquos LC-52D82U LCD TV. My screen is completely black. I have a solid green power button on the front. I have replaced the power circuit board (LC605-4201BC). I have tried a hard factory reset with the input and vol - key pressed then plugging it in. The screen stays black. Can you help me diagnose please?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, will the POWER On/Off controls/buttons operate the TV normally (except black screen)?

Still, determine if the backlight is working as a preliminary try. If not, disconnect the inverters 1 at a time and note if there would be any change in the symptom/condition of the TV. This is a simplified test and may help point if it is an inverter issue.

Incidentally, why was the power supply board replaced please? ...are the symptoms the same with the old and the new power supply board?