Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

5 month old samsung LED TV will not turn on.
, Red

Customer Question

Customer: 5 month old samsung LED TV will not turn on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Red light comes on - Screen briefly flashes and then nothing..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Please try this:
-disconnect all audio/video wires from the tv.
-unplug the tv POWER cord.
-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release (if there is no button just leave the power unplugged for 5 full minutes).
-plug in only the tv power cord and try to turn on.

-use the original remote and the buttons on the tv to check for menu navigation.

Let me know what happened. This question remains online forever.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Red power light comes on, but blank screen. It gives a moment flash -then nothing
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Oh sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. I would be happy to help you do that but your tv is under warranty and anything like that will void the warranty. The best thing to do right now is call Samsung(###) ###-####and arrange for warranty service.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,