Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

I use a range antenna to pick up broadcast TV. Everything's

Customer Question

I use a long range antenna to pick up broadcast TV. Everything's been working fine for several months. I have suddenly lost the signal to just one station. The station reports no abnormalities on their end. On my end, every other station works perfectly as before. What kind of weird problem would cause my TV to stop communicating with just one station???
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. When you contacted the station, did you speak to one of the engineers or just the receptionist? The station may have a decrease in transmitter power due to some maintenance issue. Try to verify that first before attempting to solve any issues on your end. If there is in fact no problems, check to see if anything has changed topographically such as a new structure that may have been built between you and the stations transmitter. Let me know if you have further questions.