Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman
Experience:  3 years experience
15852642

This is len streeter from java,i also have a Samsung

Customer Question

this is len streeter from java,i also have a Samsung S43AX-YB01 with sound and no picture.measured voltages as per the last customer and seemed to be the same..thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Len,

I am not sure what previous customer or what voltages you are referring to - if you have measured va and vs and they are not correct then the power supply board is suspect...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the y board ,that's the board on the left side of the back of the tv,capacitor c5092 has blown out with burnt face.Is this caused by faulty power board..thanks
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Can you send me the link to the previous customer question you are referring to? I am not able to see what you read. Samsung has had a couple boards recalled due to capacitors burning out. If you can still see it, can you give me the part number off of the board itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was an old link back in oct 2014 and not finalized...the capacitor is unreadable but other capacitors nearby are the same ,small blue in colour with 331k on face..
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

That sounds like a high voltage cap like this one for example:

http://g04.s.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1fyjGJFXXXXX2XFXXq6xXFXXXK/Safety-standard-ceramic-capacitors-331k-400v-ac.jpg_200x200.jpg

When these blow it is indeed normally from the power supply board due to a surge.

Check the under side of the board, sometimes you can get away with just soldering on a new cap.

If the underside looks scorched as well you would want to replace the entire board.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the board was not scorched underneath only next to the capacitor on the board,unfortunately it didn't work..
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

What didn't work? You asked if a bad power supply board could cause the cap to blow which it can. If the under side is ok as I mentioned you would want to solder on a new cap.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
already soldered a new cap but tv still not working,will replace powerboard and let you know...
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

Ok