Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Model 32HL57 The top third image is dimmer that the

Customer Question

Hi I have a Model 32HL57 The top third image is dimmer that the rest. At first the dimming would come and go . But now,it's always dimmer.
Amay idea what the problem could be and waht is the fix?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've had this tv for about 6 or seven years at first this problem was intermittent. Now it's permanent. I have a Bell sat pvr and a dvd player. This problem is present no matter what unit I use
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info, this kind of problem related to backlight system, either the lamps in particular area inside screen are not producing enough bright light and causing the darker image OR the lamps are not getting sufficient volts from inverter board thus producing low light as compare to other lamps inside screen.

I'm afraid the only test is to replace backlight inverter board in TV to see if it fix the issue or entire screen/ display panel will be replaced which isn't economical because it would cost more than new 32 inch TV. Please click following link to view backlight inverter board image and price info..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=32HL57

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://tvrepaircanada.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.