Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a model T C.P42560 Panasonic T V Serial No.MH30240038

Customer Question

I have a model T C.P42560 Panasonic T V Serial No.MH30240038 Dated Jan.2013.
We are watching a program, suddenly the colors fade from a nice sharp picture to dull
and can remain like that until the program changes. Surly TV'S are not made to last 30 plus months from date of purchase. What can be done to correct the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get me the correct model number written on back of TV as it could be TC-P42S60
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
TV Model TC-P42S60 GE VHS I have not noticed color fade when viewing tapes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info, is the TV hooked to cable box for TV channels/ programs?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we are Hook up to cable for TV programs. Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Just to be clear, do you use cable remote to change channels or use TV remote for that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We use TV remote to change channels.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems CATS (contrast automatic tracking system) feature is enabled in TV menu that can dim the picture brightness according to room lighting. Please press Menu and go to Picture option and scroll down the list to get CATS option, set it Off and check if picture stays sharp now?

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The problem does not happen instantly, we will have to watch a program for a while to see if the situation is corrected, before confirming. How do I get back to you to confirm? Right now the program seems Ok. Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Please bookmark this page/ save the link or click on link in email notification sent to you by JustAnswer.com to open this thread to post follow up question.

I would also recommend to unplug TV power cord for 10 minutes from wall outlet to reset, replug back in and check.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions. Rating the answer doesn't close the question.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I shall advise you later.
Regards, ***** *****
Happy New Year
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** Year to you!